High Speed CNC Turning Center
Packed with industry leading technology and top quality components, the YAMA SEIKI TS-100 series turning centers combine power, strength, and speed to bring you The Ultimate Machining Power®. These high speed machines will easily accomplish the demanding turning applications of today and tomorrow. Furthermore, with available live tooling and C-axis capabilities; milling, turning applications may be completed in one single machine.
- 30˚slant design provides smooth chip disposal and easier operator access.
- Stainless steel way covers and special steel wipers molded with industrial strength rubber are used for durability.
- Fully enclosed splashguards keep chips and coolant contained for a safe clean working environment.
- The auto lubrication system delivers metered amounts of lubrication to the slide ways, ball screws,and vital components. Distribution is automatically shut off Coolant system during idling to prevent waste.
An adjustable timer on the standard chip conveyor allows the operator to set operation time according to the amount of chips being carried out of the machine. Thus, reducing coolant loss to a minimum.
Coolant system with roll-out coolant tank and high-pressure coolant pump.
Compact And Highly Rigid Structures
All the main casting components are structural analyzed by Visual Nastran finite element methods ( FEM ). The boundary conditions are assigned reasonably and adequately to optimize the structures and rib distribution of the base, saddle and headstock to reach high rigidity and better stability. The headstock is mounted on the same surface of the 30 degrees slanted guide ways. This design shortens the transmission path of cutting force and stabilizes the cuting capability.
- X and Z axes are driven by over-sized FANUC / MITSUBISHI series absolute servo motors, providing tremendous thrust outputs with faster acceleration and deceleration. Absolute encoder technology eliminates the use of limit switches, thus, eliminating referencing axes to home positions and broken limit switches.
- High precision hardened and ground box ways are directly formed onto the machine bed and saddle during the casting process. They are precision machined and widely spaced for maximum strength. The box way design also provide the rigidity needed for heavy duty and interrupted turning applications.
Slide ways are bonded with “Turcite B” to eliminate stick-slip, minimize wear and maintain long term accuracy. Rapids are 24 m/min. on X & Z-axis.
C3 class hardened and precision ground ball screws ensure the highest accuracy and possible. Plus, pretension on all axes minimizes thermal distortion.